Snap-On flashlights at Costco

They're made in China. They are guaranteed forever. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Ask Sears Roebuck what their "guaranteed forever" means! I expect the Chinese version means even less.

Reply to
Al Patrick

From Big Lots, a bottle of Plasma/LCD Screen Cleaner - 5 Year Warranty.

Special Drip Free Liquid (pump spray bottle, viscosity of water, but it's blue)

Lint Free Shammy Cloth (sic).

Made in China

Also noted that the bottle has no markings of the volume of liquid (approximately 4 ounces).

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

Ink on a package doesn't make it so.

Maglites and Victorinox Swiss Army knives, now that's a lifetime guarantee that's actually paid off for me.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Zippo.

Reply to
_

Zippo lighters are still repaired, as a real forever guarantee.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

Back in the 70's, I was given a Camillus knife as a birthday gift. It came guaranteed against breakage and surprisingly, loss. After I lost the knife I looked for the paper offering the guarantee and found I had lost that too. Sadly, Camillus Knifes are no longer made, at least in the US. Steve

Reply to
Up North

Some 15 or 20 years ago I purchased some Briggs & Riley luggage for far more than I usually would have. They said they would replace or repair forever. So far it has been back for repairs twice no questions asked. I fly over 50K miles a year and the airlines really do a number on luggage.

Chuck P.

Reply to
Pilgrim

Ive stopped sending in Zippo lighters though...yes, they do repair them..but the replacement guts Ive gotten in the last 3 I sent in were...marginal...almost chinese in quality.

Gunner, Zippo collector,with industrial logos etc.

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner

Dillon's "no bullshit" warranty really is exactly that.

Reply to
Don Foreman