Socketless Cap Screws

Too short and high head bolts like the shoulder bolts I mentioned up thread are expensive and harder to find.

Yup, have several hand 'lathes' which don't involve kneeling down like the drill press 'lathe'. 4" angle grinder with a sanding disk beats a file almost every time.

Reply to
William Bagwell

Ah, can see how that would work! Especially on a real lathe taking heavy cuts.

Reply to
William Bagwell

This is probably going to be the winning idea. Had avoided in my mind anything involving threaded holes since these are going in 1/4" thick aluminum. Can easily make a few for a test run and back them up with an external nut.

Also make them from cheap stock bolts.

Thanks all! Will post an update in a month or two after my mold runs again.

Reply to
William Bagwell