Some metal content (bronze)

"BAGHDAD - The director of an Iraqi orphanage says a sculpture honoring an Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at former President George W. Bush has been removed.

Fatin al-Nassiri says Iraqi police told her the statue had to be removed from the orphanage in Tikrit because government property should not be used for something with a political bias.

She says the sofa-sized statue of a shoe was taken down on Saturday after being unveiled on Thursday.

Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi threw his shoes during a Dec. 14 news conference in Baghdad. Throwing shoes at someone is a sign of extreme contempt in Arab culture."

I wonder how the statue would bring on ebay?

Reply to
ff

"ff" wrote: (clip) Fatin al-Nassiri says Iraqi police told her the statue had to be removed

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Removed, but I hope not destroyed. I think it belongs in the Smithsonian.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Nope: Either the DNC Headquarters or the CNN Newsroom.

Reply to
RAM³

Wow. The Iraqis are way ahead of the U.S. on political objectivity. Good for them!

Reply to
RB