Something for the older guys - WW-II pinups

Michael A. Terrell

I found it on a SD card in my palm pda. I put it on my web host. Fairly racy.

Thanks for the other links.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:32:19 -0400, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:

Pretty cute. That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane, though.

-- The doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his client to plant vines. --FLW

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I didn't think so either. Most were fairly tame. I shot the picture at the EAA Oshkosh annual meeting and air show.

The airplane was a Vultee Vibrator, something about that seems to go with the theme.

Wes

Wes

My Dad's B-29 was the "FU-KEMAL TU", rather naughty for that era.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:49:03 -0500, the infamous "David R.Birch" scrawled the following:

>> Pretty cute. That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,

EAA Oshkosh

I wish I'd known to ask my dad about his B-25. He was shot down over France and spent 10 months in a POW camp. Hmm, maybe Mom knows.

-- The doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his client to plant vines. --FLW

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0--FLW

From what I read somewhere the early nose art was pretty racy. Then higher ups decided it wasn't a good image to send back to the civilian public. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

That was priceless. Gotta admire a good sense of humor.

Wes

Reply to
Wes