Source for 82 Degree Countersinks for Mircostops?

Someone seems to have come across a huge supply of Zephyr microstop countersink cages, and they've been selling them in sets of 3 on Ebay for quite a while. (For an example, see item #230123084900). I've been wanting to get three cages set up for #6, #8 and #10 screws for a while.

I got a set, and they are in good shape. However, they all come with 100 degree cutters, which is standard for the aircraft industry where they are widely used. I'd like to retrofit them with 82 degree cutters. There aren't too many places I've found that sell the threaded cutters for these things, and of course, they only seem to sell the 100 degree versions. Some places will make 82 degree cutters up as customs, but that is both pricey & slow.

Does anyone know where I can get 82 degree cutters as stock items that would fit these?

Thanks!

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Reliable Tools usually has a couple 5 gallon tubs full of them at any one time.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Unfortunately, they don't have any listed in their on-line store. It looks like Reliable gets a lot of cutting tools loose, and they probably can't afford to inventory & list small items like this.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

They are one of my clients..I dont know if they make cutters for other brands or not..or ones that fit.

Might call em, mention my name.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

They are one of my clients..I dont know if they make cutters for other brands or not..or ones that fit.

Might call em, mention my name.

The only company I know..with a South Pacific Prince as production manager. His daddy is some kinda king. Samoan or similar. Big guys..really big guys...hands like 5 gallon buckets.....

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner

Everything I found on their web site is 100 degree. They could presumably make/order 82's, but I'm hoping to find something in stock. I found a couple places that have a small selection of sizes in HSS. I need to figure out if the pilots are the right size.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

snipped-for-privacy@lightspeed.net

looks like they should have what you want. The 82 degree are used on some aircraft countersunk screws.

John

Reply to
john

Hi Doug, MSC lists them in 82, 90 & 100 degree. Look under "stop counersinks". Paul

Reply to
Paul

Hmmm. I did a search a few days ago on countersinks and didn't find anything. I tried searching on "stop countersinks" and also came up empty. However, they have a new search engine from Google, and THAT worked.

Thanks!

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White