Source for Castrol coolants?

I need to change the coolant on my mill as it's now somewhat old and rather unpleasant. I've decide to go for a semi-synthetic and Castrol Hysol Excel looks a good bet as it's available in 5L cans. I've asked Castrol where to buy it retail but they've come back with Farnell and AT Toolcentres; AT are trade only and the Farnell company is Buck and Hickman who stipulate they will not sell to end users, somewhat annoying as I have a Farnell-CPC account but they don't keep industrial coolants. J&L only sell 25L packs which would probably last me several lifetimes! Anyone know a friendly reseller who would keep the 5L packs, preferably in the North Herts, Beds, Cambs area? Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Cut and pasted from an order at the beginning of May:-

CST7403350C - HYSOL EXCEL CUTTING FLUID 5LTR 1 x £ 22.96/1 = £ 22.96 (+17.5% VAT)

They have a branch in Bedford Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

AT are trade only

I use the Banbury branch where i live and the Slough branch where work and they both sell to the Public with cash or plastic, Have yo tried going in?

Steve Larne

-- Steve Larne

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steve Larner's Profile:

this thread:

Steve Larner

Thanks Mark, I don't know why I didn't think of them myself (apart from their prices). Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Throw three more quid at it and you can get 20 litres from anyone else.

Probably not a lot of use but I have gallons of neat cutting oil for collection Notts / Derby border, M1 J24/25. Swap a jar of decent coffee per gallon container or even two. It's a high grade Mobil fluid, can't remember the grade but it's on the drums. Been used in a demo lathe for about 2 hours and then drained out for shipping so for all intents and purposes it brand new.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Steve, I hadn't tried going in as my nearest branch is in MK and I haven't been over that way recently. Funnily enough, the Slough branch was the one Castrol directed me to although it's hardly close. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

View this thread

Steve, I hadn't tried going in as my nearest branch is in MK and haven't been over that way recently. Funnily enough, the Slough branch was th one Castrol directed me to although it's hardly close. Martin

-- martinwhybrowntlworldcom

Where are you? maybe we could meet halfway if i went and got it fro slough?

Stev

-- Steve Larne

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steve Larner's Profile:

this thread:

Steve Larner

Tell me who??? With the price I'm paying it'd be as cheap to turn up a spear and go whale hunting in the canal.

I've got 5 gallons of neat cutting oil on the go for the lathes. The mill will probably end up with an air/droplet type setup. I'm using suds on the grinder and that takes about 10 gallons at a time.

regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Thanks for the offer Steve, but I suspect I'm too far away as I live in North Herts (near Stevenage). Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Thanks for the offer Steve, but I suspect I'm too far away as I live in

North Herts (near Stevenage). Martin

Ok

If you here of someone going your way from Banbury or slough let m know if it helps

Stev

-- Steve Larne

this thread:

Steve Larner