source for engravers brass (half-hard leaded)

I'm about to start buying materials for WR Smith's skeleton clock and I
priced some engravers brass at MSC and McMaster. Heck, I could buy a whole
clock for what they want. $80 for a 12"x12" sheet of 3/16". I would pay
that if I had any confidence in what I was doing, but I would be sorely
upset if I oops'd a sawcut or misplaced a hole. Anyone know of a substitute
material or a cheaper source?
TIA
NokNokMan
Reply to
NokNokMan
There are two slightly smaller 1/4" thick sheets on ebay for less than $30 each. Don't know if these will work for you....Paul

PJ
You could check on Yarde Metals' Drop Zone,
. They list 4 different pieces of 3/16 brass sheet right now, one is 22.38" x 36" for $77.25 (nearly 25% of MSC and McMaster's prices), leaving you with extra in case of oopses.
-- John Sullivan Jamlab Enterprises
Reply to
John Sullivan