Source for really small screw extractors needed

Had an assembly line down today because a vent screw (4-40 SHCS with a .035" hole drilled down it) was broken off in a test probe. My smallest 0.078" left hand twist drill couldn't get it out but my coworker had a tiny extractor that fit a #53 drilled hole. (after I put one in).

When I look for screw extractors, I get results starting at #1 which is huge. Any leads for small stuff?

Thanks,

Wes

Wes

Several years ago we got a kit of tiny screw extractors from "Small Parts, Inc.", but I don't see them listed, now. We used them in repairing some electronic assemblies that had too much muscle applied to tiny screws. These are square shafted, tapered units with a screwdriver type handle. The square corners were very sharp, but you had to tap or press the shaft into the hole drilled into the screw. They are fairly easy to break, but can be reground.

Paul

35" hole drilled

uge. =A0Any leads

Reply to