splined shaft specs

Hello group,

Anyone know where I can find the specs for SAE splined shafts? I need the dimensions so I can reproduce my own shaft to fit an existing application. My specific need is a 10 spline shaft like those used in golf cart motors and similar.

I will be using a BS-1 index setup and my table top vertical milling machine to do this. The shaft is 4041. any tips on what type of tool to use to cut the splines, the angles, etc. I'm just going to try this out and see what happens, any input is much appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
V8TR4

try machinery handbook