Stacking welders

Can I make a mount and put my MIG unit up on top of my TIG unit ? Would
the Tig running screw with the MIG electronics ?
The MIG is a Lincoln sp170 (220v)
The TIG is a Lincoln Square wave 175 plus
Thanks
Mike Miller
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net
Reply to
Mike
in our shop, the tig unit sits on top of the mig, has been that way as long as I can remember. 1984?
Reply to
Jon Grimm
You going to run them both at once, are you?
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
No just need the floor space.
Thanks
Reply to
Mike
Grant wrote: You going to run them both at once, are you? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Mike wrote: No just need the floor space. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I think Grant's point was that there is no way the electronics can interact if one of them is turned off. Now, if we could find a way that a welder that's turned off could be folded up and put away......
Reply to
Leo Lichtman
Maybe the crane lift eye would puncture a slot into the belly of the one above ? Or are they rack mounted and on rollers - and floating... :-)
Mike wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Harbor Fright has been selling Sky Hooks....
> >Martin >Martin Eastburn >@ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net >NRA LOH, NRA Life >NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder > > >Mike wrote: >> Can I make a mount and put my MIG unit up on top of my TIG unit ? Would >> the Tig running screw with the MIG electronics ? >> >> The MIG is a Lincoln sp170 (220v) >> >> The TIG is a Lincoln Square wave 175 plus >> >> Thanks >> >> Mike Miller >> snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net > >
Reply to
Gunner Asch
I need an RC sky hook that has a 2 ton lift - maybe a 5 ton if I dream!
Sky hooks were used in research all the time - standard answer on how things were held up. We used battleships to anchor things down. Sometimes tanks.
Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder
Gunner Asch wrote: > > > >>Maybe the crane lift eye would puncture a slot into the belly of the one above ? >>Or are they rack mounted and on rollers - and floating... :-) > > > Harbor Fright has been selling Sky Hooks.... > > >>Martin >>Martin Eastburn >>@ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net >>NRA LOH, NRA Life >>NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder >> >> >>Mike wrote: >> >>>Can I make a mount and put my MIG unit up on top of my TIG unit ? Would >>>the Tig running screw with the MIG electronics ? >>> >>>The MIG is a Lincoln sp170 (220v) >>> >>>The TIG is a Lincoln Square wave 175 plus >>> >>>Thanks >>> >>>Mike Miller >>> snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net >> >>
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn