pros and cons on a 175 amp MIG, advise?

Hi,

looking to get a 220V 175 amp rated MIG/flux unit. lincoln 175 millermatic 175 and hobart 175 are available locally

these are fairely similar units, does anybody favors one or the others please comment

thanks

Reply to
acrobat-ants

hi, see

also for a direct comparison of the units you listed see
there are more differences than what appears from the outside.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
acrobat-ants

Hi,

Personally I prefer Miller for TIG and Stick machines and Lincoln for MIG. I really don't like the wire speed tracking circuit in the Miller/Hobart. The real test is how nice a bead it puts down and how comfortable it its for you to use, see if you can get the dealer(s) to arrange a hands-on demo before you buy. All of them are good machines and should do a good job for you.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Robinson

I really like my Lincoln 175 SP+. But then, I might really like a Miller, too. Whatever you get, get either blue or red.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB