Starret Bandsaw Blade Life Expectancy

gullible folks who are apparently eager to waste their own time spoon-feeding him with information that he could easily figure out on his own if he were so inclined.

someone who posts on usenet using the nym "ignoramus", if you catch my drift...

their reasoning, problem solving, and decision making skills generally suffer substantially as a result.

can't find the information I'm looking for by researching it myself, especially where it concerns metalworking. After all, I've made a living doing metalworking my entire life and I'm nearing 56 at present.

Well, I'm a bit older than you and probably have more experience (finished apprenticeship in 1950) and I still run into things that I ask questions about.

But I really can't understand that someone asks a question and you are too stingy to tell the guy the answer. Clutch the information to your bosom and gloat, I guess. Chanting your mantra, "I know something that you don't know".

Infantile!

Reply to
J.B.Slocomb

Iggy, some people ask questions and learn, others keep silent and remain stupid.

Reply to
J.B.Slocomb

WHERE could he go? This is his life! As far as anyone can tell, his only other activity is abusing fruit.

No doubt about it. He's willing to work and stick his neck out and he has the success to show for it. Let's see... Ig is waltzing with iron, has a home and a shop and a family and good prospects. Bonkers is pounding his keyboard 23 hours a days and using the remaining hour to liquefy fruit and pretend it's a magic elixer. Which one to take seriously...

Ig probably corrected Bonkers in some minor way and the rest is history. Bonkers is now DRIVEN to respond to every Ig post with some insane criticism... which is somehow supposed to improve his chances of convincing people to read his blog? I wonder if Bonkers posts links on his blog to his Usenet nonsense. If not, then why not? LOL

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

His blog...er, I mean his "group." In fact, with all the success and the accolades he's getting there, I can hardly figure what he's doing on RCM. There are only a couple of CAD/CAM people here who are into advanced stuff. Over there, he has tens of thousands just begging for his words of wisdom.

The only thing I can figure is that the candles are burning out on Jon's LinkedIn shrine, and he's here to borrow some.

A tip: Don't ever criticize pushrod engines or Ford GT40s. Those subjects are hotwired straight to his brain stem, and the convulsions will flatten trees for a hundred yards in all directions.

He's after the killjoy and malcontent market.

He's afraid of the competition.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

He ought to pursue that theme. "Linkedin's #1 home for LEADING killjoys and malcontents" Seriously, something like that could keep him so busy he wouldn't have the need or the time to pretend he is or ever was successful at anything.

Here, he finds ridiculous excuses to endlessly brag that he's a superhero in blogland. Surely he's at least as proud of his history of habitual Usenet stalking, and should be telling his blog readers all about it every day. It's his DUTY to inform them that he's a Usenet crimefighter! No matter how often they say they aren't interested, he knows better. He should make THEIR best interest his priority and refuse to take no for an answer, just like he does here.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

I loathe the lazy.

Actually, I'm quite free with "the information"--especially when I feel someone is deserved..

But when someone repeatedly demonstrates an unwillingness to research a topic on their own, I tire of spelling it out.

Hogwash...how many hours a day do YOU suppose I should spend answering silly questions ?

The answer to "how long should a bandsaw blade last" is "it depends", followed by about 20 minutes worth of spoon feeding...

Let him figure it out, maybe he'll learn something, although I seriously doubt it.

--he doesn't even know for sure what material he is cutting....

Piss off.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Now you know why the asshat is in so many killfiles.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

I see... If the guy bows and scrapes and pleads with you for a drop of your precious knowledge you might possible reward him with a tiny scrap information.

Given your stated practice of clutching whatever information you may possess to your bosom and relating your experiences only to those chosen few acolytes who demonstrate sufficient reverence, I doubt that you spent much time at all, helping people.

Well, since it is apparent that you don't know the answer one has to wonder why you decided to answer at all?

As I said above, Infantile.

Reply to
J.B.Slocomb

No you don't see.

I freely give whatever knowlwedge I might have up until the point where someone has proven themselves NOT worthy.

Fuck yourself, asshole.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I'm getting lost with this thread. What is the root cause of this discussion ? Sorry

Reply to
surfside

It was started by Iggy, who wanted to know how long his bandsaw blade should last.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Since I'm kind of slow, was that a good question? Or triggered something that lead this thread to be a very long thread ? Or maybe I'll just read the whole thread again.

Reply to
surfside

1) It was a good question only in the sense that there are no bad questions. d8-) There is no reasonable answer to it. 2) Our threads wander all over hell and back

3) Only if you're really bored.

Reply to
Ed Huntress