Tachulator enclosure Trexon RPM/SFM module

I was kicking around several ideas for an enclosure for the Trexon Tachlator module for quite a while. I wanted to be able to use it as a portable instrument, but mainly just move it between two machines.

Here is a rugged enclosure for the Tachulator

WB

Reply to
Wild Bill

Nice work, Bill. Are those boxes expensive?

Shoot me your snail mail address (It's here, but I don't have any way of tying it together with your handle) and I'll send you a Lexan graphic overlay that's got a bit of a smudge but is still pretty good.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Thanks, Spehro I'm not sure, but the boxes might be around $5, maybe from Lowes. If I'm in the vicinity of the store within the next couple of days, I'll check. There are 6, 8 and 12" versions of the same type of boxes from Carlon. I don't think the wet location boxes are very expensive until you start looking at the fiberglas models with stainless hinges/latches and O-ring seals.

WB ..............

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Wild Bill

If you can't find the box locally I have some laying around and would give you one. UPS would probably be around $5 though, so if you see one in a store for $5... Paul

Reply to
6e70

I checked for the 4x4x2" box at Home Depot, since they also have stores in Canada, but this size isn't stocked in my local store (they carried it not long ago), but they do have a lot of the Carlon products. Their price for a nice large 12x12x6" Carlon is about $24. So as inventories vary by regions, it might be in stock at other locations.

I went to Lowes to get a 6x6x4" ($10.50) for another project, and they have the 4x4x2" for about $7.50.

These heavy walled PVC boxes are far better than anything available at hobby places such as that Shack store.

Reply to
Wild Bill

Spehro, the overlay arrived today, and it looks perfect to me.

Not only a talented designer, but also one hell of a nice guy.

Thank you very much WB ................