The "ideal" Dick Cheney hunting accident

Interesting that two posters that have both been revealed as tossers by a more articulate Brit, resort to jaded US style schoolboy humour in an attempt to denigrate his country of origin.

Reply to
Tom

Interesting that a kiwi doesn't recognize humor when he sees it and tries to turn it into a nationalistic agenda.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Humor? You yanks can't even spell the word let alone practice the art!

Nationalistic? Get it right, the world would be a better place without Bush or Cheney. Period. Don't like that statement? join the minority!

Reply to
Tom

Yawn. A spelling flame. How...original.

I realize that an outlander can't be expected to understand the subtle processes involved, but the US elections aren't decided on simple majority vote. Google "electoral college" for details.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's probably difficult for Tom to answer, as a New Zealander. But you couldn't be expected to know that, could you? I mean, all those national suffixes on domain names, they're horrible confusing, aren't they?

(Just for the purposes of clarification, New Zealand isn't part of the USA either, by the way)

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Too late, I've already bought it.

San Francisco residents: this is the last week when you cancross the bridge freely, so take advantage of it. Afterwards, each passage will be taxed inorder for my capitalist ass to fill back my rear pockets and to (yeah, right) gather funds for further bridge entertainment improvements. You've beeen warned.

Reply to
Ioan Barladeanu

Actually, The Bridge is owned by a private and very profitable company. It also has the buses and the bay ferries.

They own transport from Northern Ca to SFO and Oakland (except for a bridge on the East side).

The pretty boats almost bought the farm - so rates had to be raised to pay them off... Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Ioan Barladeanu wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Oh! Wait --This has finally turned full around. We've noe heard fro Nigel Eat-one.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Let's be realistic, Europe should be sliced up into states 56 through 60 (Canada is 51 to 55) and the rest of the world becomes territories, states or bombed into the stone age eradicating anybody that is intolerant or won't get with "The Program" All of the non conservative, non-Americans have proved that the just don't have the right to breath, especially the intolerant of the world, I can't tolerate intolerance!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom! Now I am ashamed of you! You've really gone and done it this time. Go and hide before the Euro-Pacifists thrash you severely with their olive branches. "Ere now, you'd better hope they don't mix in a bit of second-person flagellation recently learned from the Middle-East types.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

(snip)

Psst...he's a sheep shagger, not an aussie.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Then this was all bull shit, right?:

"We join with them, and all New Zealanders, in mourning all those who died in the bombing of the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon. September 11 was a day of great sorrow for all New Zealanders as we watched the tragedy unfold. On that day we were all Americans."

New Zealand, home of the "Haka" (sp?), fighting spirit and all that right? Until the game warms up a little, that is. New Zealand; is that a part of France by any chance? Or perhaps we have a new Switzerland here? Ok to take the gold, never mind whose mouth it may come from??? Just be neutural (or is that neutered)??? ;)

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Maybe more like "neutral" as in Sweden in WWII - "don't invade us, we'll sell you the iron you need, thanksverymuch".

Let's see - it goes like this:

Collaborating - supplying - invaded/effective resistance - neutral

So, WWII for instance would have france in the "collaborating", Sweden in the "supplying", and Norway in the "invaded but effective resistance" columns, right?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

They seem careful about letting others do their dirty work, as the following shows us:

NZ Should Apologise For Past Action On Timor Friday, 3 February 2006, 1:40 pm Press Release: Indonesia Human Rights Committee

3 February, 2006 The East Timor Commission for Reception Truth and Reconciliation calls for reparations- New Zealand must apologise for its sins and pay up.

The 2,500 page document of the Commission for Reception Truth and Reconciliation has just been released at the United Nations and the full contents are now widely available on the internet. The report, which New Zealand helped to fund, documents 24 years of crimes against humanity in horrifying detail.

Tens of thousands of East Timorese were killed or died of starvation, rape was endemic and infrastructure was systematically destroyed. The report carefully sets out who is to blame and calls for reparations.

The Indonesia Human Rights Committee has written to the Minister of Foreign Affairs to urge him to take on board the explicit recommendations relevant to us. All countries which provided military assistance to Indonesia while it occupied East Timor, should apologise for failing to adequately uphold internationally agreed rights and freedoms. The report recommends that the UN Security Council help the Timorese Government to obtain reparations. New Zealand is also asked to join with Australia and Britain in a joint initiative to establish the truth about the 1975 deaths of 6 foreign journalists in East Timor including New Zealander Gary Cunningham.

Declassified documents from the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs were given to the Truth Commission and are cited there. These documents confirm that New Zealand officials knew very accurately about the Indonesian plans to invade and did nothing to blow the whistle. Subsequently New Zealand was an extremely valuable friend to Indonesia

- supporting it at the United Nations, and playing down human rights abuses even when New Zealand citizens were killed in East Timor. New Zealand also trained the Indonesian military and Indonesian officers came here to learn how to fly Skyhawk attack jets and how to improve their counter-insurgency skills.

Australia and the United States both gave Indonesia the green light for the initial invasion and so their role is justifiably in the spotlight. However, New Zealand was also a partner in the crime and we owe a debt to one of the most poverty stricken nations in the world.

New Zealand should make a full and genuine apology to the people of East Timor and set an example to other guilty nations by offering reparations and insisting that the UN coordinate an immediate reparations programme. We must also offer a very belated apology to the family of Gary Cunningham and get to the truth about this pivotal episode.

ENDS

And I'm sure there's more where that came from.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

You're real brave behind the biggest stockpile of WMDS.

Reply to
Tom

What a sorry ignorant little f****it! Everytime you post something it blatantly exposes your ignorance.

Reply to
Tom

Complete and utter absence of substantive response noted. It's funny that when it's shown that your contry does what you accuse our country of, you resort to personal attacks. Why, oh why, could that be I wonder?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Just like the US was neutral for how many years during WWII?

Reply to
Tom

Dig away moron, perhaps you'll excavate how much the US contributed (lots), then you'll find out that NZ's contribution was the training of Indonesian soldiers in NZ.

Reply to
Tom

They probably wouldn't know a thing about the anzac's, or much other history for that matter.

From what I recall 10% of New Zealands population fought in the great war. I wouldnt call that neutral. But then they mainly opted out on that one too.

Funny thing is my Brother lives in the States and tells me they have their very own version of war history. We all know Hollywood does, perhaps where they learn it?

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon