To promote mutual understanding?

And you know this, how?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't see the problem, you've got one lot that thinks Friday is important, one lot that thinks Saturday is important and a last lot that thinks Sunday is important. Sound's like a perfect arrangement for job sharing or shift work to me...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Oh, that's easy.

I consulted the workshop manual.

The first one laid out the laws, and the the second version delineates the loopholes.

(Don't get me started on slavery, BTW)

Reply to
Jeff R.

Are you really that ignorant?

Looks like you already have.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oh I see! Reading the OT and the NT promotes ignorance.

Kind'a like this, huh?

OK then. Relieve my obvious ignorance. Tell me how the commandments made in the OT are *not* modified or watered-down or downright ignored by the revelations of the NT.

It's a reasonable request.

Reply to
Jeff R.

No, but you don't seem to be able to tell the difference, or why there are differences. That makes it a complete waste of anyone's time to try and explain anything to you.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

..but its good to see that you made a valiant attempt anyway.

Ummmm... "...don't seem to be able to tell the difference..."? Isn't that the whole point of every post I've made on this topic?

You can read, can't you?

Reply to
Jeff R.

Hx??RÁnÓ@½û+?KrI????cHQ?"?K5ñ?í%ë³;Nðß3k§(QR>X³ë7oÞ{?lò³c¹ýLe «|

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Now, now, Michael... Don't fall for that. A good troll posts *one* (and only one) inflammatory post, then sits back to enjoy the fireworks. I'm trying to engage you in debate (unsuccessfully), not trolling.

I'll try again. (Can you reply without insulting me?) The OT outlines many, many rules and prohibitions. The decalogue is only a very small cross-section of these. (And even those ten rules aren't interpreted identically across the denominations.) The NT (partly by way of the "New Covenant") seeks to modify, or water down, or even eliminate some (many?) of these OT rules. One might say that the NT introduces "loopholes" to the unambiguous laws of Genesis and Leviticus and Exodus. (*I* certainly do.)

Now, without just accusing me of "ignorance" or "trolling", would you care to address my assertions in the above paragraphs? Show me explicitly where I'm wrong?

No skin off my nose if you don't.

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Jeff R.