Tool handles

Other than that, it's all original...

--

Reply to
dpb

With a new head and new handle, that must be quite an antique.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

The old joke goes "it is the one George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree".

Reply to
gfretwell

Any epoxy/fiberglass supplier should be able to sell you "epoxy filler" which is what you are looking for. Or you can mix your own by first mixing epoxy resin and hardener and then adding a substance to thicken the mix. This thickener can range from talcum powder to micro balloons to carbo sil to wood dust to just about anything depending on how hard you want the results to be.

Bruce in Bangkok (brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

Reply to
brucedpaige

Hi Rich,

It's a bit expensive but not horribly so for small amounts:

Best -- Terry

Reply to
Terry

I seem to recall a "permanent" treatment for an axe handle, from an old camping book. Drill long hole down the handle, fill with boiled linseed oil, plug with a solid dowel.

I've never done this so can't say how well it would work. You'd have to fill the cracks first of course.

Best -- Terry

Reply to
Terry