Trailer question

I was wondering if I could email some pictures of a trailer I bought to someone that could give me some advice. I bought a 12 foot by 6 foot rough dual axle trailer. I bought it for 400 bucks. I pulled it for an hour at 60 miles an hour and it pulled fine. (Other than I heard a popping occasionally when turning a real sharp corner.)

Anyway, whoever had the trailer replaced the front a frame with heavy I beams and kind of hodge podged it. It is very heavy. I am not against keeping ti, I am just wondering what you all would do.

I also want to make a back gate for it. Is there a way to do that without expanded metal? (It is 70 bucks a sheet for =BE number 9 here.)

Thanks for all your help!

(PS, I cant acess photo sharing sites from where i am currently.)

Reply to
stryped

Sounds like the guy jackknifed it & wanted the tongue stouter for next time. The popping sound is the springs and equalizers moving. Unless there is something broken or extremely worn, I'd say you're OK.

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

ANy ideas on the gate. Should I leave the A frame? SHoudl I paint it red or black?

Reply to
stryped