Treaded plumbing joints that don't leak?

Think it's possible??

Awl--

Goodgawd... what a hassle. And 1/2 brass, at that!!

I used to be a fair half-assed plumber, and ahm wunnerin if the problem isn't these cheap chinese fittings. But American fittings are priced thru the effing roof!!

What I'm "reduced to" is the old Hercules Pro Dope (mebbe w/ teflon additive), AND...... Thread!! Literally thread, cuz the plumber's string I got just seems to be pushed out of the way.

Never had these problems before. Admittedly I'm using Channel-locks on this 1/2 plumbing, but this did not cause a problem before, either, unless I'm just getting weaker, as well as dumber, with age. Goodgawd....

-- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I do a few hundred fittings a year -- low-pressure hydraulics, air, water. Never had a problem. However, I never squeezed my fittings outta round with Channel-Loks, either.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Reply to
Billy Hiebert

You really think 'Locks can make a brass fitting out of round? Moreso than a pipe wrench?

Also, never heard of RectoSeal--sounds right up my, uh, alley, tho. :) A HD item? Specialty?

-- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I like a strap wrench, and yes, I am gettin' weaker as the years go by. Maybe it's a torque thing...

Doug Goncz Replikon Research Falls Church, VA 22044-0394

Reply to
DGoncz

Teflon tape and a strap wrench on the brass? Just a thought...

Stan

Reply to
stans4