tube / pipe fit over scaffold tube

Hello all

I did ask this on another newsgroup a month ago - but not their thing.

I want to find a tube / pipe, readily available, which will slide over a scaffold tube. For making jigs and fittings from offcuts of scaffold tube.

Here in the UK (don't know about elsewhere), scaffold tube has 48.3mm outside diameter.

I did some web-searching and find, for example, that NPS 2 schedule

80, with 60.33mm outside diameter and 5.537mm wall thickness, should give 49.256mm bore.

Weld on "fins" with holes for bolts, slit between the "fins" and bolt-up, and the tube will contract and grip a scaffold tube???

Any knowledge on this?

Regards, Rich S

Reply to
Richard Smith

Did you try uk.rec.models.engineering, where the British participants fled went when r.c.m turned Brutish?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Thanks for the hint. Never heard of this group. Will look it up.

Regards, Rich Smith

Reply to
Richard Smith