tube / pipe fit over scaffold tube

Hello all
I did ask this on another newsgroup a month ago - but not their thing.
I want to find a tube / pipe, readily available, which will slide over
a scaffold tube. For making jigs and fittings from offcuts of scaffold tube.
Here in the UK (don't know about elsewhere), scaffold tube has 48.3mm outside diameter.
I did some web-searching and find, for example, that NPS 2 schedule 80, with 60.33mm outside diameter and 5.537mm wall thickness, should give 49.256mm bore.
Weld on "fins" with holes for bolts, slit between the "fins" and bolt-up, and the tube will contract and grip a scaffold tube???
Any knowledge on this?
Regards, Rich S

Did you try uk.rec.models.engineering, where the British participants fled went when r.c.m turned Brutish?

Thanks for the hint. Never heard of this group. Will look it up.
Regards, Rich Smith