Moving a lathe with feet?

I've seen a number of lathes being moved in various videos on Youtube, but most of these have a base that can be rolled on
pipes. I need to move a lathe with feet. It has four feet and each foot is about 4" x 4" on a 22" x 64" pattern. What is the best approach? Thanks.

I've moved heavy loads with four trailer tongue jacks bolted to a temporary frame of 2" wooden planks. Their price is comparable to regular swivel casters of similar load capacity and you don't need anything else to raise or lower the load.
If you replace their axles with longer bolts you can attach forked handles to steer and pull them.
On 10/31/2019 10:43 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I LIKE THAT.
Saw a big CNC router table with trailer jacks permanently mounted once. Of course it was a lot lighter machine.
On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 13:43:55 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

Has anyone ever used on-bed camper jacks with casters to move a piece of machinery? Sounds like it might be easier than tongue jacks, which already sound like a pretty nifty use of them.
--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Do you mean scissor jacks?
On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 06:48:01 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

No, the tall hydraulic or screw types which attach next to the 4 corners of the main box outside the truck bed. https://tinyurl.com/yym2buxj
--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
On 10/31/2019 9:51 AM, Davej wrote:

Depends on the lathe. I moved my 2000lb 14x40 by lifting it up one end at a time with a straight pick through the lifting holes and a pair of farm jacks, then set it down on modestly heavy furniture dollies. By sweeping up the smooth concrete floor thoroughly two of us easily moved it to its new locations (twice). One time I left it on the dollies for two months while I built a machine room in my shop. Dollie wheels developed small flat spots, but after we got it moving it positioned easily. Then after it was in position we set it down the same way. One end at a time. We got it within a couple inches, and were easily able to use the straight pick to shift it into its exact position.
I don't think I would move anything heavier that way though. The dollies handled it just fine, but I really think it was the limits of the casters. I also wouldn't do it by myself for fear of overpowering it and knocking it over. With two people it was pretty easy. I did move the saddle and the tail stock all the way to the end opposite of the head to try and limit the chance of tipping over end wise on the head, and lifted the head end first. Setting down we lowered the tail stock end first for the same reason.
On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 9:51:44 AM UTC-7, Davej wrote:

An appropriate set of shoes for the feet can be found:
<https://www.aerogo.com/weight/5000-20000-lbs/

Jack it up and put it on a 24X66 platform, then roll it on pipes????????

Give it some shoes and tell it to walk?
Sorry, couldn't resist 8-)
bob prohaska

SMART transportation choice, Dave. Drop-beds are the =only= way to move the heavies. 4 or 6 skates should get you there. Find some cheap bearings and build your own skates, if you're frugal like many of us are.