TurboTorch regulator any good?

Howdy all;

I am looking around for some propane parts and found the turbotorch RL-P regulator. It looks like a solid piece of engineering but I wanted to post here to see if anyone had used one and what your experiences have been. I will need some kind of adjustable, high pressure regulator to mate with the burner I have. This one claims to handle 0-60 psi while some of the more conventional high pressure LP regulators I've seen only advertise up to 20 or 30 psi. Does the extra range come in handy and is it worth the price?

Any useful comments welcome.

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
mandtprice

What kind of burner? The regulator pressure is not the only factor. It must also be sized to deliver the volume of gas required by your application (usually stated as BTU/hr).

The adjustable high-pressure regulators for kettle cookers are a good buy. These are often available at Wal-Mart as separate replacement parts.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

This will be mated to the turbotorch ST-3 tip, and maybe at some point one of Sievert's medium sized burners. They say the ST-3 will handle copper pipe up to 2.5", but they are amazingly stingy with real data: either gas flow or heat output.

Sievert also has what seems to be a heavy duty adjustable regulator, with its heavy duty price, and I have seen the light duty cajun cooker regulators that you mention. I ant to know if the apparent increase in quality justifies the much higher price. I'd rather have quality tools, but money /is/ still an object.

Matthew

Reply to
mandtprice

Not sure what you mean by "light duty". Those cookers put out a lotta BTUs.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch