tweezers?

I was introduced to Jewelers forceps in an electron microscopy course in college. I've used them for splinters for years. I haven't had the need to find anything anything else since these have always worked for me. Around $5 with shipping on eBay currently, although I don't know the quality of the ones I've providing you alink to. It's more for illustration of the type. Mine are Swiss and I've had them for years. Ditto what Don said about using magnifiers to see the splinter.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

You know, I have had a couple that I have left, or that stayed in there so long that they make a little Mt. Vesuvius, and it gets even a little pressure in there. But I didn't mind, because I was positive that once it looks like that, it'll pop out soon. It'll come out, one way or the other.

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book

Steve B

"David R.Birch" wrote

When I did a lot of ornamental metal, I did a lot of work with fresh square tubing with "fish oil" on it. Black hands and fingernails. Until I found Orange hand cleaner, I used Dawn. Wrong thing to do! It took so much oil out of my skin that it cracked and bled. ARGGGGGHHHHHH! A Tim the Too Man Taylor thing. Tough guy.

Well, this woos, former tough guy now uses orange hand cleaner with pumice AND lotion afterward. No sense being an idiot.

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book

Steve B

TY. I must have some. (one for the shop, one for the shave kit, one for each bathroom in the house, one for each first aid kit, and a couple for when I can't find one of the others.)

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book

Steve B

[ ... ]

Here's what my personal favorite is (except for the price):

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

:

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- John Ruskin

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- John Ruskin

Maybe I'll have to get a real Swiss army knife. I've never been impressed with the tweezers from the army knives I've had (probably knock-offs) -- just too flimsy. They're only good for holding bugs if you want to examine them closely. :)

Reply to
Denis G.

That price is insane.

Don Foreman

"Karl Townsend" on Mon, 26 Apr 2010

05:51:25 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I was going to wait and see.

I never could find a pair of tweezers which would actually get the little fine slivers. Was bitching about it at work and one of the guys say "Use your calipers- they've got a flat surface." "Well, duh!" says I.

If it gets that big, I will get the medical kit out. Otherwise, I keep a roll of the micropore paper tape. Tape it shut and back to work.

pyotr filipivich

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:41:05 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

I MUCH prefer his more subtle wit in his later works, such as the "Die Hard" series, "The Fifth Element", "The Last Boy Scout", and "Last Man Standing", and her wit in the movie where she played a hitwoman (can't find the title, damnit.)

-- Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:08:55 -0500, the infamous "David R.Birch" scrawled the following:

To lots of metalworkers, electricity is new and leather belting is modern.

-- Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I use a brand-new X-acto blade, the one that comes to a sharp point. I can excavate a tiny bit around the sliver to expose it, then use the blade side to drag the sliver out. Most slivers from machining have very rough surfaces, so the brand-new blade easily catches in the roughness and pulls the sliver out. no way can you get fine enough tweezer points to grab a tiny sliver as well as this.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

It is. But it was the first I found with an image of the Tweezers in question.

Those prices are a bit more reasonable -- adjusting what I ordered them for at work for inflation.

Thanks for finding that one.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The price may seem to be insane, but consider that no others are made of "100% high-tech allow".

Wild_Bill