Two-Part Epoxy?

If you only need 10-15 psi, try a rubber suction cup. No hole, saves paint, and has a lot of pull.

Reply to
Nick Hull

A lot of people on the list have addressed the various adhesives but that isn't where your problem is. Rather the problem is that as you pull the dent, the edges delaminate becauuse they are up to whree they belong and thus stop moving. This allows air in and thus the problem. You need to have a flexible puller so that it will flex with the metal. I'd probalby use some rubber to attach to the metal with a good adhesive like weatherseal adhesive (high tack and strength) and then a relatively thin metal puller plate over that. IN addition, you may also want to increase the pressure on the metal from the backside with another rubber coated surface

Bob May

I know of a great solvent for 2 part epoxy, but it also removes paint as far as I know. If you want to try, it is Jasco Paint and Epoxy remover. I think it is a mix of acetone, tolulene, and xylene or something like that.

Reply to
woodworker88

Try silicone caulk or Gorilla glue. Both will be a mess to clean up but more flex than epoxy which tends to be brittle.

Reply to
daniel peterman

Maybe all the fights are booked?

Reply to
fredfighter

nope. sharp beaks banned by TSA.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Reply to
carl mciver

Should work, except it won't make semi-gloss. Satin is already half way between semigloss and matte. mixing matte and glossy would make semigloss. So it should be fine, just a bit shinier than semigloss. Maybe counteract by adding more satin than glossy. Experiment.

Reply to
woodworker88

oops, wrong thread.

Don't know how my computer pulled that one on me.

Reply to
woodworker88

LOL> You had me wondering about the relevance of that comment for a sec. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

The best epoxy I've ever used is Hysol brand. It was the prefered stuff for communications satellites I worked on, and I've very rarely had it fail in home applications. In general, the slower the cure, the stronger the epoxy. 5 minute stuff is usually much weaker than the slower setting ones. Surface prep is always important.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Yes, or double sticky carpet tape. Laquer thinner (I think) will remove the glue residue.

Reply to
fredfighter