USB Video capture divice needed

Sorta like:

Gotta be USB, as no expresscard slot on my netbook.

Any recomendations or suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks

gary

Reply to
vrgolf

Dang, that's cool. Now I gotta have one. You just cost me 50 bucks ;)

Reply to
RBnDFW

Then ther's this:

appears identical, price notwithstanding:)

Reply to
vrgolf

NO NO NO !!!!

I just bought one of those , it ain't worth a shit . Video quality sucks , it'll only record one channel at a time . I ended up hammering the eBay vendor for a 75% refund and kept the device . Software sucke too ... If you can find a Q-See USB device like this one

the "Super DVR" software you'll be much happier ! I ended up buying the 4 channel PCI card DVR for my system , the USBdevices are getting hard to find new . You might check newegg , amazon , ortigerdirect , someone might still have some in stock .--SnagLearning keepsyou young !

Reply to
Snag

Does anyone know of a riflescope (or at least recoil shock proof) camera with some kind of a PC interface, USB, Ethernet, Wifi etc?

Ignoramus30461

There is a "sport cam" or something like that available for ~$100 that is shockproof and can be mounted on a motorcycle helmet, beside the scope on a rifle, etc. It's a SD DVR, so no direct / live PC interface though. Try looking on the Cabelas or BassProShops web site.

Reply to
Pete C.

Do you need OTA tuning or just raw video/audio conversion? Makes a difference! I've had several different tuner gadgets, most depend on raw CPU horsepower to avoid frame drops and freezing. Netbooks don't have the horsepower. There are a raft of different USB video capture devices, if you're thinking of VHS or camcorder to MPEG or AVI, look for one with hardware conversion. Hauppauge has had some of these. The capture software makes a BIG difference, you can have the best hardware in the world and still turn out crap if the software isn't up to snuff. ADS is another vendor. Check equipment reviews very carefully, you can end up with an unsuitable piece of crap if you don't. A lot of negative reviews on this stuff are from people that either don't know what they have, are trying to use it in ways that it wasn't intended or just have unreasonable expectations based on marketing. And many, unfortunately, are correct.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

Is that smoke and mirror ?