Use for a broken bandsaw blade??

Did I post this before? A year or two ago I was able to fix my car because I had exactly the right huge sheet metal screws left over from fixing up my old Metro bread truck in 1966. Was able to fix my 1913 toaster with a bit of nichrome wire I bought in 1977, no longer available at the hardware store. Never throw anything away.

Reply to
Mike Spencer

Did I post this before? A year or two ago I was able to fix my car because I had exactly the right huge sheet metal screws left over from fixing up my old Metro bread truck in 1966. Was able to fix my 1913 toaster with a bit of nichrome wire I bought in 1977, no longer available at the hardware store. Never throw anything away. Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

----------------------

My problem is efficiently storing it all. I've found it practical to group related items into one bin as long as I can tell them apart, for instance all lengths of each diameter/pitch of bolts or screws are in the same bin, or if I have more than one bin's worth they are sorted by head style and indoor/outdoor use. Brass, aluminum and stainless are in the same bin because they look different. This tray makes it easy to spread them out to find what I want and then funnel them back into the bin.

It's a tradeoff of the storage space, the chance I'll need it and the time to sort through the bin. Most bins are more than half full.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Mike Spencer snipped-for-privacy@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> on 30 Aug 2022 04:17:37

LOL.

Which is why I have three unused soldering irons. And just found a forth.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Mike Spencer snipped-for-privacy@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> on 30 Aug 2022 04:25:46

-0300 typed >> snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com on Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:43:50 -0400 typed in

The main issues is not that I have this large stockpile. It is knowing that I have one of "those", but can't recall where I was standing when I last saw it.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Not really relevant, but you do live on the right side of the country!

Reply to
Gerry

Our local plastic, blow molded, vinnegar jugs taper from the recangular body to the cap; so by sliceing along the mold line I get two sorting trays to dump my tobacco can storage containers - find what I need and return to stock. I used to smoke a pipe and our former military wife secretary rolled cigarettes for herself and husband, so it didn't take long to accumulate around a hundred half pound cans with twist off lids that fit three to a stud space, supported on 1 x 2" horizontal strapping. I also have smaller containers - nut cans (paperboard wall with metal bottom and top ring and plastic snap on cover, mostly 4"dia. by 3" high) that I have been accumulating. Second Son has a good number of Folgers coffee cans about one gallon size. I jut need to invent a system like the file room with moveable, track mounted file shelves.

Reply to
Gerry

Bin there, Done that!

Reply to