V-belt formulas

I am looking for details on how you calculate the power that can be transmitted through a normal A or B section V-belt. I have googled and found various tid bits of information, but am looking for something that is a bit more complete, giving the formulas and typical loading/capacity off the belts.

I'm sure I've stumbled across a site with all the details before, but can't currently find it.

Thanks in advance

moray

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

I would suggest you start here:

David

Reply to
David Courtney

Do you have or have access to the "Machinery Handbook"? It should have that info.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Should find what you need in the v-drives section here...

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

"Moray Cuthill" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.greennet.net:

have you checked the gates website?

Reply to
Anthony

Thanks for the help. Found all I need to know on the gates website.

moray

Reply to
Moray Cuthill