V-belt formulas

I am looking for details on how you calculate the power that can be
transmitted through a normal A or B section V-belt. I have googled and found
various tid bits of information, but am looking for something that is a bit
more complete, giving the formulas and typical loading/capacity off the
belts.
I'm sure I've stumbled across a site with all the details before, but can't
currently find it.
Thanks in advance
moray
Reply to
Moray Cuthill
I would suggest you start here:
David
Reply to
David Courtney
Do you have or have access to the "Machinery Handbook"? It should have that info.
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill
Should find what you need in the v-drives section here...
Ned Simmons
Reply to
Ned Simmons
"Moray Cuthill" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.greennet.net:
have you checked the gates website?
Reply to
Anthony
Thanks for the help. Found all I need to know on the gates website.
moray
Reply to
Moray Cuthill