Vacuformable Aluminum?

Hi All. I recently read somewhere that was an aluminum allow that becomes quite plastic at some-or-other rather low temperature and can then be vacuformed like plastic. I lost the link and can't seem to find it again. Was I dreaming? Thanks mp

- *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road

Reply to
mister paslow

Try

It is called superplastic formation. Auto sheetbody parts can be made and then welded to form a solid body. It was used by Panoz on their roadster.

Charles Friedman DDS Ventura, CA

Reply to
Charles Friedman