Van Norman Mill

Hello, my 1st thread here. I recently bought a Van Norman 24MLA. It uses the round bar overarm. I do n't believe the overarm has ever been used & the overarm supports lend to t he idea. Is there some special way of unlocking the overarm from it's full y retracted position? I have removed both binders & soaked the arm with WD

  1. I am prepared to hook up a 10 ton portapower to make it move - but do not want to damage anything. The manual takes for granted I know more than I do. The blow up drawings simply show a round rod installed with 2 binder s & nothing else to hinder it's movement.

All input welcome (except the politics WOW).

Brock