Very interesting milling machine

That's an unusual machine. It's got the form factor of a horizontal mill, but it's got a right angle sort of thing on the end of the overarm to make it a vertical spindle. It's from Boeing Surplus, and I wouldn't doubt it. They had some weird stuff there last time I visited. Like the bandsaw that had a warning not to cut anything less than 1" thick.

Reply to
woodworker88

Looks like it'll act as a vertical, and a horizontal, and anything in- between.

Nice size table!

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

I'm almost afraid to think of what it weighs

Reply to
Brent

Might keep your shop from being blown away in a tornado... Or might be the only thing left unmoved...

Reply to
Pete C.

I think there are a few shops where the onyl time that machine could enter it is AFTER the concrete has fully cured but before the walls are built

Reply to
Brent

That is exactly (well, almost) how my Cincy #2 got into my shop. I built all but one wall and the ceiling near that wall, then had a big truck wrecker pluck the mill from the flatbed and drop it neatly into my shop (onto rollers). Rolled it out of the way, and finished the construction.

(and yes, I left a 5' wide "door" in one wall - filled in with framing but removable - in case I ever decide to roll the thing out again )

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Hey 88,

Not so unusual. Lots of new CNC machines use the method today, on both knee-mills and bed-mills. That is quite a beefy one though.

And the sign you noted on a bandsaw is placed there so that the unwitting don't try to cut off stock of less than three times the tooth pitch, taking a huge chance of stripping every tooth from the blade. Usually made for slow blade speed heavy stock removal, maybe like cutting through say a 12" X 12" billet in under 4 minutes.

Take care,

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Looks like a nice little Huron universal mill. Every home should have one.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I did not bid because I could not decide whether to put it in the basement or on the second floor...

Ignoramus2823

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:10:33 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus2823 quickly quoth:

I'll bet that the seller, expecting $100 from the deal, is TOTALLY ENTHUSED about the selling price of $7,377.77, eh?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well if you put it on the second floor it soon would be in the basement ;)

Strange name and image for a french machine.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I doubt that the seller cares even a bit, it is Boeing/Bidado...

Ignoramus22443

RCM: It's gooo-oood!

Reply to
cavelamb himself

That makes sense. It's like an adaptation of a ram/turret setup.

Right. I should have thought of that--I'm familiar with the rule of thumb--more than once I've been called upon to replace a bandsaw blade that had more than 50% of its teeth missing.

Reply to
woodworker88