Viewsonic monitors

How long do you think they want it to last? Seriously, if I bought a car that never wore out, what would the nature of the automotive industry be? Repeat sales is a consideration.

Where I work, we worry about getting OEM market share since the life cycle for our product is shorter than the life cycle of the product it is used on. We plan to pick up bucks on the replacement sale where we can charge more.

Wes

Wes

I believe you missed the redemption period by decades.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 03:26:36 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:

bucks back

to LCD as a

My 19" Viewsonic was $199 of the $379 total for the computer back in

2006. (Thank you, Circuit City and Acer!) I watch movies on it all the time. It's twice the speed of the cheapie and still has some latency problems, but only with really fast action flicks. I see it mostly in digital color depth, where a quick pan across a light to dark scene or movement in a dark scene leaves large pixelated patches of gray vs. black or dark indigo.

Ditto on the CRT to LCD switching problems. I've had to doublecheck my graphic designs on a CRT. Circles look like elipses on the Viewsonic at some resolutions due to the wide screen.

-- Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand. -- Oprah Winfrey

Reply to
Larry Jaques

ROHS stands for 'Reduction of Hazardous Substances' and is shorthand for EU regulations that came into effect two years ago. Per

the rules restrict use of some polybrominated organics and of metals lead, cadmium, mercury, chromium.

A lot of exceptions have been applied for and granted in avionics, military, and medical applications where tin whiskers are unacceptable.

US electronics manufacturing isn't directly subject to the EU rules, but because large manufacturers don't wish to produce multiple versions of electronic parts, non-ROHS part sources are drying up. ROHS parts can be used with lead-based solder but sometimes not as reliably as the non-ROHS parts they replace.

Also see "Not RoHS Compliant" labels for 06-090 galvanized etc in

-jiw

Reply to
James Waldby