welder advice

aloha metalheads, long time no see...

my friend wants to know what to buy (more or less) and I thought I'd come here and do some asking for him. this is what he wrote me :

" I find myself being polite > since I have a question to ask of you. Then I plan on > reverting to my sarcastic true self. My inner white > trash. > ANyway, I am looking to buy a MIG welder, don't > plan on welding big pieces, furniture using tubing 16/18 > gage walls, bars up to 1/2 inch or so > and I was looking at a Hobart around $500. Do you have > experience with such things? What advice would you have > before I revert to my old self? What are your preferences/ > prejudices? "

t.i.a.

Dar/SHELTECH

sheltech

I might..might have a Miller 35 for sale about that range, as soon as I go pick it up.

Southern/Central California

Gunner

Gunner Asch

(...)

Check with our friends at: sci.engr.joining.welding

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

ok thanks!