what is a fender washer?

Would you damned wood turners please stop typing in caps!! Besides this is a metal working site, and we dont work to 1/8" and call it precison.

Wood butcher!! And you cut down Gods Trees to do your damned criminal work. We only dig up mountains for our materials!

So there! BRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." -- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Gunner

Just for the fun of it ;-) When on a boat in the USA or Canada the word bumper is used to identify a protective rubber rail or similar device permanently mounted on the freeboards of a boat to absorb small impacts. Fenders are not permanently mounted and are attached with ropes to the deck rail when needed as an additional protection when docking, rafting or other situations that can cause damages. When you see a tug boat with numerous black tires attached with rope on its freeboards they are used as fenders. FWIW.

Reply to
Denis Marier

Reply to
larry g

Chuckle! That sucker has no idea who he's messing with, does he? Give him hell, Gunner.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

:On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 21:08:02 -0500, Leo Van Der Loo : wrote: : :>

:>

:>STOP THE CROSS POSTING PLEASE, THIS IS A WOOD TURNING SITE !!! : : :Would you damned wood turners please stop typing in caps!! Besides :this is a metal working site, and we dont work to 1/8" and call it :precison. : :Wood butcher!! And you cut down Gods Trees to do your damned criminal :work. :We only dig up mountains for our materials! : :So there! BRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP! : :Gunner : :"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, :on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. :True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, :but why this is more stylish than :sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." : -- P.J O'Rourke (1989) :--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunner, could we talk you into hanging out in rec.aviation.homebuilt some? You got style.

Reply to
Richard Riley

By few of us a fender washer is used to keep brass pipe against a mandrel while drawing the pipe to a larger diameter.

LB

Reply to
Leonard & Peggy Brown

add to below "fender welting" - mostly not used now, but my older cars all have it to go between fender and body - reduces squeak, keeps water out of the joint - wethers and disintegrates so you have an excuse to remove the fenders and do it over again.

Reply to
william_b_noble

fenders fend off stones that your own front wheels would fling at you. Pat

Reply to
Pat Ford

Argghhh! Please please please, if you want more Gunnervision, have him copy his junk to your mailbox. Because if he starts polluting RAH with his political bullshit, I'm gonna' make sure that everybody knows who invited him. :-)

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

Nawh, dem's what the Brits call "wings." On second son's old chevy pick-um-up, they act like wings, too. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Wood washer. This washer looks like a fender washer. It is used in aircraft so it would spread the force around a large area and not deform the wood.

Reply to
PMIOTKING