What is it? CIII

The latest set has just been posted:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/
Rob

598 - playing cards - though at first I thought it was part of Judge Dredd's uniform...
ally

593. Key for a water main stop cock or similar with a chipping hammer handle for getting crud off the tap.
594. Crimping tool of some sort. Looks like it would put an indentation or even cut a notch in thin sheet metal.
595. Template for pistol making? Getting the trigger in the right place maybe or the handle angle.
596. For stirring something. Acids maybe because of the glass handle.
597. Gas lamp.
598. A royal card in a deck of playing cards. -- Dave Baker www.pumaracing.co.uk
593 - Water or gas shut off tool.
594 - nibbler tool (used to cut thin plastic or THIN sheet metal, or my favorite use which is to make square sided holes in panels for switches)
595 - Flint type igniter for a torch set. Pull the trigger and it sends a bunch of sparks out the front.
596 - Looks like a beaker paddle.
597 - Carbide hand light
598 - Small part of the face of a playing card.
--
Steve Williams

594 Nibbling tool. For sloppy, lazy people (like me) to cut thin sheet metal. Shove against the edge of the sheet metal and squeeze the handles. It bites a small rectangle out of the sheet. Leaves sharp edges.
597 Miner's carbide lamp. Put calcium carbide in the bottom. Put water in the top. Gas pressure in the bottom regulates water dripping into the bottom. Water and calcium carbide react to make acetylene gas.

595 lighter for OA welding set and just like mine its been dropped and the flint holder at the front is bent. Haven't improved that since 1922.
R.H. wrote:

Ha! I wondered what the lightning bolts engraved at the end of it were. Should have tipped me off really. -- Dave Baker www.pumaracing.co.uk
R.H. wrote:

593 Fos shut off tool 594 Sheetmetal nibbler 595 Fire Starter / sparker on sone sort 597 Carbide lamp 598 Face Card from a deck of cards,
Posted from RCM
R.H. wrote:

599 is a picture card from a deck of cards.
Bob Kolker
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:53:02 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"

596 glass stirring rod with "policeman". Used in chemical analysis when transferring precipitates from a beaker to filter paper e.g.
597 carbide lamp
The gold-colored thing in the moving strip is a mountainclimbing item- put it in a crack, pull on it, the cams expand out and wedge into the crack.
The red and gray thing- from a tape deck? Rewind, FFwd, stop? Or a logo from a tape/videotape?
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes:

A spring loaded camming-device, usually called a "Friend" for the same reason vacuum cleaners are called "Hoover".
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

That is actually an exit sign. I think he is asking which item hasn't been shown before. Might be the one that proceeds the exit sign. Everything else has been identified in previous games.

The one before it looks like an I-Beam clamp.
scott
Scott Lurndal wrote:

I think the only one not previously quizzed in the image of 'three sticks' that look like incense.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%203/?action=view&current=loop4.jpg
Which, I believe, are "punks" or smoldering sticks used for lighting fireworks
[from r.w.]
--

TomH [ antonomasia <at> gmail <dot> com ]

Close, but no seegar. they're sparklers.
The Robert Bonomi entity posted thusly:

Don't think so. Sparklers have a metallic texture. These look like they are porous and somewhat soft, just like punks.

Some do, some don't. The ones that burn 'magnesium white', do have the metallic texture to them, agreed. some that burn other colors (e.g. blue or red), are much less metallic looking.

#593 Gas valve handle #594 Nipper (for making holes in light gauge sheet metal) #598 Budweiser can?
I have to disagree with the consensus so far on item 594. If it were a sheet metal nibbler it would cut 3 sides to punch out a chunk. This thing appears to only cut 2 sides and would simply fold the piece over and not punch it out. Unless there is a missing die piece to the tool. The backside also looks like a hole punch. If it were an alignment pin I think it would be engaged in the hole for the full travel of the moving head. That said, I have no idea what it's for.
Art