What is it? CIII

The latest set has just been posted:

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

598 - playing cards - though at first I thought it was part of Judge Dredd's uniform...

ally

Reply to
a l l y

593. Key for a water main stop c*ck or similar with a chipping hammer handle for getting crud off the tap. 594. Crimping tool of some sort. Looks like it would put an indentation or even cut a notch in thin sheet metal. 595. Template for pistol making? Getting the trigger in the right place maybe or the handle angle. 596. For stirring something. Acids maybe because of the glass handle. 597. Gas lamp.

598. A royal card in a deck of playing cards.

-- Dave Baker

***
Reply to
Dave Baker
594 Nibbling tool. For sloppy, lazy people (like me) to cut thin sheet metal. Shove against the edge of the sheet metal and squeeze the handles. It bites a small rectangle out of the sheet. Leaves sharp edges.

597 Miner's carbide lamp. Put calcium carbide in the bottom. Put water in the top. Gas pressure in the bottom regulates water dripping into the bottom. Water and calcium carbide react to make acetylene gas.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Ha! I wondered what the lightning bolts engraved at the end of it were. Should have tipped me off really.

-- Dave Baker

***
Reply to
Dave Baker

Reply to
David Billington

593 Fos shut off tool 594 Sheetmetal nibbler 595 Fire Starter / sparker on sone sort 597 Carbide lamp 598 Face Card from a deck of cards,

Posted from RCM

Reply to
Howard R Garner

599 is a picture card from a deck of cards.

Bob Kolker

Reply to
Robert J. Kolker

The gold-colored thing in the moving strip is a mountainclimbing item- put it in a crack, pull on it, the cams expand out and wedge into the crack.

The red and gray thing- from a tape deck? Rewind, FFwd, stop? Or a logo from a tape/videotape?

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

A spring loaded camming-device, usually called a "Friend" for the same reason vacuum cleaners are called "Hoover".

Reply to
Gareth Owen
593 - Water or gas shut off tool.

594 - nibbler tool (used to cut thin plastic or THIN sheet metal, or my favorite use which is to make square sided holes in panels for switches)

595 - Flint type igniter for a torch set. Pull the trigger and it sends a bunch of sparks out the front.

596 - Looks like a beaker paddle.

597 - Carbide hand light

598 - Small part of the face of a playing card.

Reply to
Steve W.

That is actually an exit sign. I think he is asking which item hasn't been shown before. Might be the one that proceeds the exit sign. Everything else has been identified in previous games.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

#593 Gas valve handle #594 Nipper (for making holes in light gauge sheet metal) #598 Budweiser can?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The one before it looks like an I-Beam clamp.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I think the only one not previously quizzed in the image of 'three sticks' that look like incense.

Which, I believe, are "punks" or smoldering sticks used for lighting fireworks

[from r.w.]
Reply to
TomH

I have to disagree with the consensus so far on item 594. If it were a sheet metal nibbler it would cut 3 sides to punch out a chunk. This thing appears to only cut 2 sides and would simply fold the piece over and not punch it out. Unless there is a missing die piece to the tool. The backside also looks like a hole punch. If it were an alignment pin I think it would be engaged in the hole for the full travel of the moving head. That said, I have no idea what it's for.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

599 Loop4 I don't recall seeing them before, and they look to me like "punk sticks". Light the end, they don't so much burn as glow like a cigar ash, use them for lighting fireworks.
Reply to
Norman D. Crow

He cheated a little, and showed the device not fully assembled.

I have used one of these, they work quite nicely when the screw's not loose!

-Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Close, but no seegar. they're sparklers.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi
594 sheet metal nibler 594 carbide lamp

Reply to