What is it? CLVII

Thanks for the comments, I'm running out of the more obscure pieces so the next sets will have more recognizable tools. I wasn't attempting to make them difficult, just trying to keep it interesting. A couple months ago after a few weeks of not finding much, I was concerned about having stuff good enough to post, but I've had decent luck recently so I plan to keep the site going for a while longer.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

It would be nice if you could ask the person who left the comment to tell you more. I looked all over the DeLaval site, and could not find the specific model he was talking about, nor can I visualize how it inserted a liner.

--riverman

Reply to
humunculus

A couple things to point out, here. Modern milking equipment bears little resemblance to that of fifty years ago. The old DeLaval milkers looked a lot like those made by Surge. An interesting site:

The "liners," more properly called "inflations" had a rather small lip on them compared to, say, a Hinman milker (with which I'm much more familiar), so I can see how a tool like this might be useful, although I can't quite visualize how this particular tool would work, since there is nothing in the center to push against...

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

I left a comment asking for more info, we'll have to wait and see if he comes back and replies. The owner of this tool was planning to visit some people who are dairy farmers so he might be able to tell us more about it also.

Rob

Reply to
W.H.