What is it? Set 428

Hopefully someone will be able to answer the second item in this set:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2481. Bead breaker for tires. Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk

Correct, it was made by the Cam Tool Co., Oakland, Cal.

Reply to
Rob H.
2479 Fishing pole jig? 2480 Tire Repair tool? 2481 Manual Tire Separator? 2482 Dowel vise? 2483 Horror movie prop, I know it scares me!? Butcher blade? 2484 No guess
Reply to
Kenefick
2479 looks like a night fishing "alarm" that my dad invented in 1956.
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2479 is a flashlight of some kind, like a bore light 2480 almost looks like a tool for clearing the flash hole in a black powder cannon, but I can't figure out what the thumb screw would be for. Makes it look like some kind of electrical probe. 2481 tire bead breaker (I peeked...) 2482 a tool to grab onto damaged studs or nuts to remove them (or insert new studs), like in an engine block. 2483 some k> Hopefully someone will be able to answer the second item in this set: >
Reply to
lektric dan
2479 no clue 2480 no clue 2481 tire bead breaker 2482 interchangable tool handle. But, for what? 2483 Meat cleaver from the 1950s with ducktail hair cut 2484 seed planting tip for a combine

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's about the only one I really recognized.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Does it contain AA battery, and is that a #112 bulb I see, poking out the end?

.

2479 looks like a night fishing "alarm" that my dad invented in 1956.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Fishing alarm is correct, it says patent pending but I couldn't find the patent, do you happen to know the patent number from your father's invention?

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, several people have said it looks like it has an electrical contact, but I haven't been able to find any information on it.

Reply to
Rob H.

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

No, Rob. He had six or seven patents over the decades, but it was all lost when he passed away, and Mom cleaned out.

He had patented, also, a "modular" Mahjong storage/playing accessories box, a "tri-trailer" that could be used as a utility trailer, camper, or boat trailer, a dry-fire practice device for 1911 target shooting (interesting, that one... had a "dual" target, one bull for the piercing tip on the plunger, and one bull for sighting. You sighted on the top bull, and when the hammer fell, a plunger with a pin tip would pierce the bottom target. You shot from an inch away from the paper, against a cork board.

Also patented a microfiche holder/slider you'll see on many machines these days, and a knock-down golf club cart that was lighter and more compact than the Bag Boy drag cart of the 1950s.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

2483: Butcher's tool (chickens?)?
Reply to
Bill

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

You might look up Elston Sponenburgh, though...

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
2483 Is used for trimming slate roofing tiles. the spike is struck into a block of wood so that the blade is vertical. The slate is held in the left hand with the trim line on the top edge. A blade in the right hand is used with a sharp chopping action, acting a bit like scissors, to trim off the excess.

Steve

Hopefully someone will be able to answer the second item in this set:

Rob

Reply to
Steven Boyes

Several 'close' answers on 2482. It's a chisel/punch holder. Not a stud remover. Fairly modern.

Reply to
Steve Barker

All guesses.

2479 My first impression was a flashlight that attaches to a fishing pole (perhaps to see the pole bend while night fishing).

2480 The reamer and punch makes me think that it makes a hole in something hard, like metal. The knurled nut and terminal makes me think it has to be grounded sometimes, possibly for safety reasons (e.g., perhaps it might come in contact with live wires). Perhaps its used to make holes in an aluminum aircraft skin.

2481 Looks a lot like the tire bead-breaking tool that appeared in a previous "What is it?".

2482 Possibly a handle from a tap/die set.

2483 Possibly a multipurpose concrete dressing tool (trowel, pick to pry up old concrete, etc.).

2484 Possibly a soldering tip for a torch.

Carl G.

Reply to
Carl G.

2485 Chisel holder

2484 Marlin spike?

Cliff

Reply to
Cliff

Thanks for the information, haven't found a patent for the alarm yet but will look again tonight.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct, otherwise known as a roof slater's axe.

Reply to
Rob H.