What is it? Set 456

I need some help with the fourth item in this set:

Rob
Reply to
Rob H.
2651 is a weight for pan scales. My gran had similar ones with the kitchen scales she used.
Reply to
Dave Baker
2650. The two unidentified tools might be homemade "Bulletstartes" for a muzzleloading rifle. The top part looks like its be made from Stag´s horn.
regards Walter
Am 30.08.2012 10:02, schrieb Rob H.:
Reply to
Walter Kraft
2652 Appears to be a model (perhaps for a mason) of how to make a fireplace with an ash-shelf.
Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
I should have typed "smoke-shelf".
Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
2647 Glass cutter
2648 Stickers for stacking pipe
Reply to
G. Ross
Here are some other examples.
Had no idea they were worth so much.
Reply to
Dave Baker
2647, could be any of a number of things. I'd guess a bicycle spoke tightener. The square hole is for opening valves on acetylene tanks. 2648, posts, for outdoor fence. 2649, as a former volunteer fire fighter, I recognize this one. I won't spoil it for our non fire fighter friends. 2650, don't know. 2651, stationary bottle opener? 2652, top of a fireplace
.
I need some help with the fourth item in this set:

Rob
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Posting from my desk top in the living room, as always.
Not a chess piece?
.
2651 is a weight for pan scales. My gran had similar ones with the kitchen scales she used.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Glass cutter! I can see it now. But, the little wheel is missing from the end. Of course, still doesn't explain the square hole.
.
Rob H. wrote:
2647 Glass cutter
2648 Stickers for stacking pipe
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Perhaps to help close a window (to remove a pane)--for the kind of windows which had a crank???
Bill
Reply to
Bill
Some kind of side handle? To apply more force, or maybe to run the cutter in a perfectly straight line?
.
Perhaps to help close a window (to remove a pane)--for the kind of windows which had a crank???
Bill
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
2647: Appears to be a glass cutter. The square hole would be for mounting on a radius arm to cut circles.
Reply to
walkerk
I think you are right. Here are some more similar examples:
They also seem to be called "short starters"
Reply to
anorton
What could be worse than fighting a fire with cold, wet feet? This strap would allow a fireman to hang his hose on a ladder to dry in front of the fire!
Reply to
J Burns
Someone sent this in to find out what it was, they were using it as a door stop, when I gave them the answer they said that they might as keep using it for that.
Reply to
Rob H.
Good answer, I should have known this one, I posted one a few years ago but it was ball shaped and I didn't make the connection to these tools.
Reply to
Rob H.
Thanks for the link, I'll pass it on to the owner of these tools.
Reply to
Rob H.
These are both correct
Reply to
Rob H.
Yes, that's what the square hole is for.
Reply to
Rob H.