What is this bokumatic thing exactly doing

I am not sure how to adjust it. The Bokum company is gone on summer vacation.

Reply to
Ignoramus3477

Looks like a boring head with fine adjustment.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

What it looks like to me is one of those setups for drilling square, or hex, or other number of sides holes using a drill press.

But -- I think that it is missing the part which controls the wobbling of the drill.

It sort of works like what you get drilling a larger hole in sheet metal with a hand-held electric drill which is trying to get away from you. It generates sort of a triangular hole -- one more side than the number of flutes.

Look at:

for an example.

Or check:

and scroll down to the animation and the description of the Harry Wtt square drill bit.

I don't recognize the brand, BTW.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I am speechless.

I doubt that this head is for this, but if so, I am fascinated. Would be a great way to show off to visitors. "now let me drill a square hole on this here lathe".

Ignoramus2159