Which ebay sniping program do you use?

Robert Swinney wrote:

It does keep the "other suckers" from nibbling away until they are a dollar above you. Making a last second bid is a time honored strategy in open bid deadline auctions.
When you find something you want, check your catalogs and the web for the new price, check the second hand brokers for used prices and the completed auctions for the bid trend. Find a number you can live with, register it with esnipe and forget it. Esnipe has saved me MANY dollars on this boat and I am running about a 70% success rate.
The key is knowing where the market price should be without letting the "other suckers" know and having a lot of patience.
--
Glenn Ashmore

When are we going sailing?

you
Tom Gardner wrote:

Soon as I can snipe a Yanmar 4JH3 diesel. :-)
--
Glenn Ashmore

A man after my own heart! I have seen many "buys" on ebay, and many things that people paid more than retail AND THEN paid the inflated shipping. What were they thinking?
They weren't. Being a savvy bidder is knowing when the price is higher than what the item is worth. Those who go on after that are either stupid or "just have to have it" for some reason.
Steve

It's psychological. If someone enters a max bid early other people will keep pecking away at it for whatever reasons they have. I'll still enter my maximum amount when sniping (I do it manually), but you avoid a carload of newbies trying to outbid each other.
It's all kind of pointess on $2.00 items. However, you really can save a lot of cash if you're careful. I've also noticed that I get higher prices on items I'm selling when folks are bidding high and early.
GTO(John)

I've also noticed that I get higher prices on items I'm

As a seller, I love the newbies and those that bid early.
Love em love em love em
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) wrote:

Funny, my experience is the opposite.
What seems to work best for me as a seller is when I get lots of little bids. The more bids, the more interest in the item and the higher the final value.
I hate it when the price shoots up in the first day or two of the auction because then it will usually just sit there for the rest of the week.
As a modest seller on eBay, I'd say that 30-plus% of the final selling price comes in the last hour of an auction. This number has been increasing. Last year I would have said that the number was closer to 20%. I think that means that more and more people are sniping.
On the topic of sniping: I will often have an item that goes from say $200 up to $1,000 in the last 20 seconds of the auction. I just love it when that happens.
George.

Well, things that go sky-high quickly don't work very well, but I've found that a moderate climb, especially in the first couple days, helps the bidding. I've never ad any luck with auctions that were dead for days. You need at least a little action early on.
I don't know if it's seasonal, but I recall getting a lot more sniping the last couple years. Most of the things I've sold recently peter out an hour or two before ending time. Maybe it's just my stuff.
Of course, then there's the sellers holy grail: Two or more newbies who decide they need to keep on top to win. Just sit back and watch the fun...
GTO(John)

I sold an item for $4300 that the buyer told me he had put in a proxy for $6,000. This was a case where even the snipers lost.
Steve
I suspect that there is a growing under ground of ebayers that bid on each others items to inflate the prices. Many sellers on ebay also have "dummy" acounts they use to drive up the price. I've seen far too many auctions that make little if any sense.

you
keep
maximum
lot of

items I'm

"dummy"
HINT: auctions are put on and attended by humans. You expect too much. ;-)
Steve

Maybe, and likely, but it's never messed up anything I've bought.
If anything, it was worse in the past before they tightened up bidding and feedback regulations. A few years back you could leave feedback for anything. Lots of folks back then had lots of "thanks buddy" posts to their name. Same thing with shills.
Actually, the only time I've been in an auction with a verified shill was on something _I_ was selling, and it was the buyer's shill. He used a second ID with all negative feedback to get out of a bid he couldn't pay for.
GTO(John)

And run up the bid amount with a lot of time to go in the auction? Sounds like good strategy to me .............
STeve
I agree you should have a maximum amount that you want to bid, I wait till about and hour brfore the end then put in the max that I want to pay. If I get it great if not I wait for another one to come up.
-- Bill Winnipeg, Canada
SteveB wrote:

char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main()";main()
Ignoramus4854 writes:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bidmonkey /
Richard J Kinch wrote:

With no files listed!
On Mon, 17 May 2004 14:12:08 -0500, Richard J Kinch

Why are you guys posting that when all they have is:
"This Project Has Not Released Any Files"
- In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare ------ http://diversify.com Website Application & Database Development
Larry Jaques writes:

To let you know, that project has not released any files.
https://esnipe10.esnipe.com /
1% fee for winning bids. You don't have to be around at auction close. Your computer doesn't have to be on and connected. You can put a bid in from any computer anywhere. This is the only way I bid - saves money over time. Not every time, but on average.
Karl
I've always used the Ebay bidding service. Same idea, isn't it? But it doesn't cost anything.
Steve Smith