Ebay is always amazing

Rare? $159 list? 9.50 shipping?

I have seen these for $50 and not selling........

Reply to
MrRathburne

So does this mean :

You will not be bidding on this one?

You are happy because you have another like it on auction for less?

You are upset because you can not sell a like model for the same price?

You just want to stir up trouble here:-)

Donald

Reply to
Donald Kinney

No, it is his and he is mad that in almost 10 days, no one has bid on it.

Frank A. Rosenbaum

Actually, I don't view the original posting as one that would necessarily stir up trouble here BUT suggesting how it is cool to bid on eBay auctions within the last minute of them ending (i.e. sniping) just might be hitting the hornets nest with a stick.

Although if I recall I think by the end of that long thread a few months ago there was unanimous agreement that there was nothing wrong with sniping and it was a perfectly accepted, legitimate, and eBay approved method of bidding on that item you want.

...or did I misinterpret the outcome of that thread?

(that would be an example of stirring up trouble - plonk away fellas! lol)

CBix

---------------------------------------- Soon to be accused of being a troll :-)

Charles Bix

Yeah, but then you miss the funny nonsense:-) Donald

Reply to
Donald Kinney

Yep that was pretty much the way it ended. Been sniping freight cars recently and doing very well. Has anyone used any of the non eBay sniping services? I guess it would save having to be in front of the computer to snipe at the last minute. Sort of like putting a proxy snipe in right?

Jim Stanton

Reply to
Jim Stanton

I have never used sniping software... it seems, well, unsporting - besides, I often don't make my decision until those final seconds, and if I wake up at 4:13 am and think, I didn't really want that such-and-such that badly, well... then I don't log on to ebay and just go back to bed!

I've certainly lost plenty of snipe bids, or have been out-sniped. Its certainly no guarantee of winning an auction - it serves one and only one purpose, that of not revealing your high bid until the final seconds.

Andy

- Pre-Interstate Urban Archaeology

Andy Harman

The chippers are usually people who don't really have a high bid in mind, they just want to know what YOURS is, so they chip until they hit it. If it wasn't for the chippers, there would be no need to snipe really.

Andy

- Pre-Interstate Urban Archaeology

Andy Harman

I've never heard it called anything but sniping. I think the terms is reasonably descriptive - a shot fired out of nowhere. Kamikaze implies a reckless or suicide element... I've put in some crazy bids on ebay, but none I'd consider suicidal!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Harman

Reply to