Work boots that last

OK, I had a pair of Wolverine pull-on boots that were extremely nice and wore great. Over time, the lining wore out to the point that it
traps my foot and I can barely pull it out.
I am looking for something that is a pull-on leather boot with safety toe that is waterproof and I can wear daily for at least over one year.
Any suggestions. I do realize that I have to pay for quality.

Ig, I had a pair of Redwing pull-ons, when I had a working farm. They were used for wet, dry, concrete, dirt, and chicken shit (actual chicken shit) duty, and they lasted four full years of daily use (except for the occasional drying).
A plastic, forced-air "column-style" boot dryer is inexpensive, and worth every penny to maintain good leather boots. So is a good bar of saddle soap (with a stiff fingernail brush), a tin of 'boot wax' (really a grease with some wax in it), and a small bottle of Neat's Foot Oil (an 8oz bottle lasted me about two years).
If you think you'll ever get them really wet, count on maybe getting a half-size larger than fits well at the store!
Lloyd
Red Wing makes steel toe boots that slip on and the sole can be 'semi-smooth' or sure grip. The soles were replaceable when I bough my last pair I have two sets in use steel and dress/work. The steel are the oldest and I use in the shop.
Martin
On 10/21/2015 6:18 PM, Ignoramus4604 wrote:

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:18:18 -0500, Ignoramus4604

============is this the type you want?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
http://workboots.com/wolverine-raider-multishox-romeo-st-brown?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term =&utm_campaign=bingads#/18408/1058,1742,5132/1 http://www.georgiaboot.com/georgia-romeo-shoes/ http://workingperson.com/footwear-1/mens-work-boots/romeo-boots.html
http://www.drmartens.com/us/Men%252527s-New-Arrivals/victor/p/16473201
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:18:18 -0500, Ignoramus4604

The best work boots I have ever had were hiking boots. I'll be ordering a couple more pairs soon. The boots are made by Alico. They are Italian made. I have bought Italian made hiking boots for over 40 years and they have been the best boots I have ever owned. I have tried boots from other countries but the Italians seem to understand my feet better. I have high arches and wide feet which makes it hard to get shoes that fit well. The boots I get from Alico I buy from Sierra. The boots ALWAYS fit perfectly from the first day, no breaking in to make them comfortable. The guy who re-soles my boots told me to get two pair and to alternate days wearing them. This makes the lining last much longer. Expect to pay around $250.00 for the Alico boots. They are worth more. I am hard on boots and I get about four years wear out of the Alico boots. That includes one re-soling. Eric
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:06:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote:

With the work Iggy does, I'd be willing to bet that he will buy only steel toed, steel shank boots. If I were demoing a lot of stuff, I'd want them, too.
As it is, I've worn tennies for most of my life (mostly Reebok classic ballistics with the 1" thick foam sole. LOVE 'em.) I've never even _owned_ a set of wingtips, thankyouverymuch). I often walk a mile or more a day, so foot comfort is of utmost importance to me. I may be che^H^H^Hfrugal, but I buy something which gives me good arch support and allows me to stand on concrete all day if necessary. A couple years ago, when Classic Reeboks got up over $40/pr, I found some other good hiking boots at Big 5: Denali Incite and Avia Lo/Conexus Lite trail boots. Both under $30 (sales) and last at least 2 years apiece.
--
Some people confuse change with progress.
--Abraham Lincoln

I don't know if Alico boots can be had with steel toes. But I'm only buying hiking boots and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Alico made work boots too. My point was that the boots I get are comfortable AND durable. I thought maybe Ig would want to look them up. Eric
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 09:56:35 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote:

Ayup, and he could afford 'em.
- To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want to change the world who are causing all the trouble. --Anonymous