WTB: Collet Chuck and Dividing Head

I'm looking for a Bison 5C collet chuck with either a plain back or with a 1 1/2"x8TPI spindle back plate. I'm also looking for a small dividing head w/ tailstock, etc. If you have either of these that you'd like to sell, please respond to this thread or email me.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave Pidwerbecki

Steve Lusardi

He Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, the Bison 5C collet chuck was basically made for the smaller lathes. I'm just getting started and I want to standardize on 5C collets and this chuck is a great way to get them to work well on your smaller lathe and allows bars to go through your spindle. The 3AT collets came with the lathe, however, they are much more expensive and much more rare.

Do you know of any available Bison chucks?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Pidwerbecki

Honestly I've never seen these used. This says something about their utility I think. My guess is your only chance is to find somebody who is upgrading to a larger machine that actually takes 5Cs directly, and is willing to part out his older machine.

Probably anyone with a 9" SB will bundle the bison in with it to get more from the sale though.

:(

Jim

jim rozen