Yard sale Gloat

You must live in a ritzy snobbish area. Around here...stuff can be had quite reasonable. There are folks of course who try to peddle something for Walmart + 20%. They don't sell anything. In a couple weeks, the prices come down.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Wasn't this a "Married with Children" episode?

Reply to
Richard

I rarely go to garage sales anymore, also, but for a different reason. I need to get stuff on a bigger scale, I prefer at least one truckload of stuff at a time. This is not always possible, of course, but I try to aim for that, and going to garage sales is not as economical. There is always something to list and fill my time from a few last big purchases, it is a better use of time than garage sales. But I always have a special place in my heart for garage sales, and I agree that great deals abound. You just need to be able to notice them.

Ignoramus19184

Gunner on Sat, 25 Aug 2012 01:17:14 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Sounds like someone doesn't know about haggling, or making a bargain.

Yard sales as a means to "get stuff out of here" are one thing. As a means to "raise the money for the rent" - another thing.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Yep, I totally understand.

Ignoramus19184

What are you looking for? I have a few good cues. Schmelke?

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Ill keep my eyes open. You do know there is..or was a cue maker here on RCM, right?