kinda off topic - anyone remember this particular model train transformer?

it is metal...and it is working.... so it's more on topic than the political stuff.... I'm just wondering if anyone remembers this exact unit
specifically - I made a guess as to age, and I'm curious if I'm right - I couldn't find any info on it on the web, and this group seems to be about as knowlegable in weird stuff as anywhere - made in good old USA, with internal construction techniques truely appropriate for a 4th world country - cheap cheap cheap cheap - that's why I'm guessing right after or right before WWII
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item00349153548
--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Sounds like an old HO gauge railroad power pack as they were called. Dave Foreman
Design, graphics, and packaging look like 60's to me. The fact that it is light gray rather than black or dark gray, thin handle with molded on plastic knob are not seen until late 50's
Bill Noble wrote:

interesting - and it's possible - I did find the company advertizing in 1947 and 48 popular mechanics, but not that exact device - the reason I am thinking 40s/50s is the use of the cotton covered wire and rubber cord - by the 60s, it was (unless my memory is worse than I think it is) all plastic wires. the "plastic" handle is bakelite -- or at least it looks and feels like bakelite --- so that is consistant with being quite a bit older