Does anyone remember?

A few years ago, someone had a website with CAD drawings of many models. I "think" Ray Haddad may have had something to do with it. My memory is gone.

Is this website still around?

A fellow Kaos enthusiast is looking for rib templates for a Killer Kaos. Can anyone help? TIA

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 11:18:05 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Ed Cregger" instead replied:

I probably posted a link to it, Ed, but I didn't have anything to dow with the site.

Try these two sites.

In the forum referenced below, a fellow says he has a rolled set of Killer Kaos plans and posted a partial image of one rib. That was in

2005. Perhaps he still has them and can scan the rib sections for you. It can't hurt to ask.
Here's the grandaddy of all modeling link sites. Most of them are actually working links. It must take the owner a heap of time to keep them updated.
As a last resort, you could shell out $40.00 for WinFoil by Malcolm Hardy and create your own replacement set. The program name is misleading as it now is a full model design package including fuselage, horizontal stab and vertical stab. It automates a lot of the process of making plans. It's an absolute dream package.
Read the features list. If you scratch build, you won't regret buying WinFoil.

Using WinFoil, all you need to know are the basic dimensions of the wing and the type of airfoil. The software will do the rest. To finish off the ribs, all you need to do is add the internal cuts for spars, etc. You can download a "non saving/non printing" demo free to get an idea of how it works and when you order, you get just the files you need to make it completely functional.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 11:18:05 -0500, "Ed Cregger" wrote in :

I've lost my old bookmarks.

Start with AT's pages. I'll bet he's got some plan sites:

You can probably use the wing from an UltraSport. I heard it was derived from the Kaos series.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Ed,

That was Guy Fuller's site, "StarCad"... Guy had a fantastic plans resource for the modeler...

Unfortunately, a select few began to plagarize Guy's site and attempt to sell his plans on eBAY... Guy killed the site...

One heckuva loss... Guy's a nice fellow and did not deserve the treatment he was given...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

That might have been it, Ray. Thanks, anyway.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

| > Is this website still around? | >

| > A fellow Kaos enthusiast is looking for rib templates for a Killer Kaos. Can | > anyone help? TIA | >

| > Ed Cregger

You might contact one of these guys as the Killer Kaos is listed as an approved model for competition.

Jarhead

That is the one I was thinking of. Thanks.

Sorry to learn that it is gone, though. Yep, Starcad was it. Now that you have reminded me of it, there is a chance that I have all of his drawings on an old hard drive lying about somewhere. Now to check for that.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Thanks, Marty. I'll pass this along to my friend.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

"Jarhead" wrote

Thanks, Jarhead. I'll pass this information along to my friend.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger