Zenni again

True, but the military is trained to handle hopeless situations. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:upednTmSp5Waq9PRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

"The impossible merely takes a bit longer." and "Numbah One Watchdog" and "Vigilance" (CosDiv 11 and 13 RVN)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I worked in the 'Weathervision' section at Ft. Rucker, and as a broadcast engineer at the radio & TV station at Ft. Greely. (USARAL) I was slotted for the AFRTS TV facility in Vietnam in '73, but when my orders arrived they were for the US Army Cold Weather research Facility at Ft. Greely, Alaska. We were allowed zero downtime, yet everything was classed as 'Depot level repair only'. In spite of that, I rebuilt the station with whatever I could find. A lot of the equipment was classed as factory repair only, and was so old there were no spare parts. I grabbed junk TV sets that were on their way to the landfill to get some of the parts I needed.

shows the Polar Bear patch used by USARAL.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell