Zoro

Does anyone have good/bad experience ordering from Zoro, which is apparently connected to Grainger?

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Bought some drill cases from them, sep. fractional, number, to augment my gonzo Huot fract/number/letter case, with extra bottom drawer. I think the Zoro's were Huot as well. Had the best price, timely delivery, but came damaged, rectangle --> rhomboid, proly from rough handling in delivery. Was pretty annoyed, but easy enough to bang back in shape that I didn't make a stink about it, so I don't know how they would have responded.

Reply to
Grokman Grokman

I have some experience. They ship promptly and sell what is advertised.

Ignoramus11784

I've been buying things from Zoro through eBay for a little over a year now. One problem, but only a small thing. Some pipe hangers were pulled from the wrong box. Zoro said "Keep those, we'll pick and ship the correct ones today. Someone at the warehouse had put just 4 of the wrong items in the bin, so the problem has been corrected here now." The replacements came in a week.

In any case, I like Zoro. Check for the item on eBay first. Prices are even better than in their catalog. Free shipping on orders of $50 or more.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They asked for a company name. Do they really care if you are a hobbyist?

Grainger has given me trouble about that in the past if I wasn't wearing an ID badge.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

On 07/22/2015 10:28 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote: ...

I never had any problem w/ Grainger and OTC sales as individual; can't speak of what they try to do on web site but unless you're required to have a D&B rating or somesuch, how're they to know? Fill out whatever forms with whatever they require even if it's just you and a DBA designation; there's no implication unless you try to avoid tax as reseller or the like.

Reply to
dpb

They are a Grainger run outfit . About like MSC and Enco.

Prices are usually lower than Grainger for the same product. I like to go to the Grainger site/catalog and find the item, then punch the number into the Zoro search and see if they have it cheaper, 99% of the time they do.

Reply to
Steve W.

List price is less than the grainger price.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

2 decades ago, I had to print up a fake business card to get access to purchases at Grainger. Zoro just sells to anyone, I believe.

Did you check your luck on eBay yet?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've bought from them several times on Ebay. UPS lost one item, and they shipped a replacement once UPS admitted they lost the item.

This is what they lost, a 38" tall electrical box:

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell