Subject Author Posted Replies

oval nuts
A little while ago someone was looking for "oval nuts" and if I understood the request I think I have found a supplier. If you ( whoever you are) are still looking please reply here.
2
2

HVLP gun questions
After today's compressor painting session, I am very interested in buying a good "HVLP gun". I have seen some videos on Youtube of these guns in operation and I was impressed. They leave nice swaths...
33
33

Father's Day
Happy father's day to all of you out there. I had a great one. Heard from all my 5 kids. Wish my dad were still here, lost him in 1972 at age of 69 (his age, not mine). Best wishes, Ivan Vegvary
2
2

Aeroquip fitting for 30mm ID hole?
I have an alloy automotive head casting I want to add an external oil drain to. It has a perfectly sited core plug of 30mm OD at the rear, into the bottom of the oil galleries. I have knocked this...
3
3

brass
hello! i am new to metalworking so i have a question... what do i need to weld small brass pieces? thanks!
12
12

fa - maybe this device is of use to some of you folks in the lightnitng belt?
After reading about some stuff going up in smoke due to lightning strikes, I decided this might be of interest to some here. I bought this thing thinking I'd use the sockets - opened up and it's a...

carbide
I bought a bunch of endmills from a machine shop going out of business. The seller told me some of them were carbide. I saw some of them that were dull grey instead of shiny steel but they were all...
7
7

So much OT discussion here
I used to come to this group back in 1999 if memory serves me correctly. This group was top notch, an incredible resource. I just recently subscribed again and have been seeing so much posting about...
19
19

Singing and Preaching
Check this out: MMS://64.27.20.6/sfalive2
1
1

JD tie rod end taper?
Wallowed out tie rod end hole on a steering knuckle on a 4WD John Deere tractor. $1800 part. Got a new tie rod, trying to figure out the taper so I can get a reamer. It's a ZF front axle, so it's...
11
11

How Much Computer ?
I finally got down to the wire , and have made the decision to buy a mill NOW . What I'm wondering , how much computing capacity is needed when I (eventually) do the CNC conversion ? I currently have...
23
23

Mystery tool- what is it?
Hello, Jim in Texas here. I bought this from an estate along with other tools in a package deal. One of the other items was a Fletcher glass and mat cutter but this one has me baffled. It looks like...
3
3

More motor issues
I think that I understand the story a little better. There is some play in the shaft so that it slides back and forward by about 3 mm or so. If I pull it back, the motor starts fast, however. if I...
3
3

AC Drives Sensorless Vector
We are running equipment at work that have Siemens MicroMaster drives. In some cases we need speed settings below 5% (below 3hz) and are having difficulty getting good torque and speed control. I...
7
7

Help: Drill Press Machine Project
I have some metal and woodworking projects I'd like to get to, but first I have to get to two project machines(Drill Press & Bandsaw) that I picked up a couple months ago. 'm getting ready to clean...
35
35