Subject Author Posted Replies

Shearing 18 gage stainless
If you have much of this to do, I would sure look into these. I use the daylights out of mine.
33
33

1" Capacity Key-Type Chucks?
Looking for a decent but affordable (Less than $200 would be nice) 1" capacity key-type chuck with a MT2 shank or Jacobs Taper (female on chuck) mount. Anyone have a good source for these larger...
10
10

OT: Reliable email hosting
I have been a Emailias user for years. They provide an unlimited number of email addresses that I can shut down instantly when spammers start offering to increase the size of certain body parts....
7
7

Die Filer question
I picked up this Die Filer at a garage sale about two years ago. ($40, I didn't even bargain). Came with about 30 files having all sorts of cross sections. What goes into the vertical hole to the left...
7
7

Good vertical bandsaw?
I wasn't able to find a decent bench top bandsaw. I need to be able to cut metal to shape a part. Horizontal / vertical bandsaws seem too half-assed to cut metal accurately. Rules of the game: 115v,...
26
26

Welding rods (electrodes)
I picked this lot of mixed rods up yesterday about 500lbs of various brands of 6010, 6011, 6013 (Hobart, Fleetweld etc etc) About half are open, the other half factory sealed About 50 lbs of Certanium...
18
18

The Horror! The Horror!
Once again, I have been a witness to metalworking from the 15th century. Two holes drilled with a center drill, the DRO is working, .312" apart, time to pop the #13 drill through. Chuck it up in the...

Standard Modern Lathe 11X20
This machine will be up for auction on the tenth in Mechanicsburg, PA. Looks like a nice machine in the photos but there is no tooling, not even a chuck Event number 3185, Lot number 3210

Hydraulic cylinder material
Hi folks, Can anybody suggest me good weblinks etc for referring various materials for constructing hydraulic cylinders from 3K psi to 12K psi? it will be great deal of help.. -- Pranav
4
4

What is it? CCXIII
Set number 213 has just been posted: Rob
11
11

length of threads on 1 inch black pipe? and reamer usage
what is the proper length of thread for a 1 inch black pipe? and when reaming the pipe on a pipe machine is it proper to withdraw the reamer in a clockwise motion or counterclockwise or back and forth...
1
1

Gloat!! School Lockers
Got these a few years back. Nearby high school was being remodeled and the contractor advertised school lockers for $ 1.50 each. The math being easy, I bought 40 of them. Was moving into new home and...
1
1

more what the heck are these things
in the drop box, here: have some clue on some of them, but not enough clue to know what any are, really - any of you guys recognize them?
6
6

Good reference on steel grades used in firearms
Yes. Gunner
31
31

Helical Gears
Being quite chuffed with my success with spur gears I am now looking for information on making helical gears. Is it possible to make them without a hobbing machine? Having now made a set of cutters I...
15
15