IR Extenders

Does anyone have experience using Remote Control IR Extenders with Lego Mindstorms?
I heard that a team was successful in programming an Universal Remote to
control an RCX, so I am hoping that an IR Extender would be able to forward the IR Tower's commands via RF.
Thanks.
I found this URL:
http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&product 01950&category=Universal+Remote+Controls&catalog=RadioShack
Would that product, or products like it (which claim to relay "all" IR transmissions) work with the Mindstorms IR Tower?

forward

forward
I've tried two types with no luck. Looks like they only works with "normal" tv-remotes. I have a remote control for the Cambridge Soundworks DTT 3500 Digital amplifier for my computer soundsystem, and that does not work with one of the IR extenders. The one that does not work with the RCX: Remote Extender model BW-2112. Not sure of the name of the other since I've sendt it back. Both purcased at Clas Ohlson (www.clasohlson.se a Swedish store) http://www.clasohlson.se/WAG.asp?cp=0q112q116q190&ic=N&swG25
I'm also looking for a small extender that both works with the RCX and where the reciever can be driven by batteries. (This will make the RCX radiocontrolled almost...)
regards yvind Steinnes
The project my group is undertaking aims to make a voice-controlled RCX with WiFi remote control capabilities (802.11B Wireless ethernet, that is) ... Fun stuff, but VERY hard to find existing information on.

"normal"
at
where

with