Lubricating gears

I have a small robot that I want to help lubricate the drive of. Can anyone recommend a particular lubricant?
Thanks, David

With RC Helicopters, people I've talked to recommended silicone lubricant. Is this ok?
I've also used a product by "Finish Line" which is used for bike chains. It is called Kry-Tech. Essentially it is paraffin wax in a solvent. One would think this would be great for lubricating Lego gears, though I have not tried it myself.

anyone
I would try Vaseline (petroleum jelly). It shouldn't hurt the plastic and it is less likely to stain anything you get it on.

anyone
Graphite? In related news I just read about boiling gears and how it removes the stress from them making them much stronger. td

anyone
Where did you read this?

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?nh99 enjoi'